As we prepare for our nation’s Thanksgiving holiday, I hope you find a few moments to reflect on this important word and its meaning in your life.
Gratitude is about so much more than merely giving thanks or saying “Thank you.” To me, gratitude is a core value that keeps one focused on the many positive things that surround us in life. It is seeing the glass as half full versus half empty. The power of gratitude in your life cannot be underestimated.
Doing a quick search for quotes on “gratitude” can be an inspiring activity. Here are a few that touched my heart:
- When we focus on our gratitude, the tide of disappointment goes out, and the tide of love rushes in. Kirstin Armstrong
- Gratitude is the healthiest of all human emotions. The more you express gratitude for what you have, the more likely you will have even more to express gratitude for. Zig Ziglar
- Gratitude is the memory of the heart. Jean Baptiste Massieue
- Joy is really the simplest form of gratitude. Karl Barth
- Gratitude makes sense of the past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow. Melody Beattie
- Gratitude is the sweetest thing in a seeker’s life. If there is gratitude in your heart, then there will be tremendous sweetness in your eyes. Sri Chinmoy
- Developing an attitude of gratitude is one of the simplest ways to improve your satisfaction with life. Amy Morin
- Small seeds of gratitude will produce a harvest of hope. Unknown
- Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others. Marcus Tullius Cicero
Gratitude fills my heart as I continue to be amazed by the dedicated staff in Frederick County Public Schools. Gratitude fills my heart as I rejoice in my beautiful family.
During this holiday season, I hope that you will give yourself the gift of gratitude.